Do you ever feel overwhelmed by information? or by technology? Today, I feel like I’m drowning in email. Thus, I decided to try and clean up my inbox to only discover a multitude of 23 Things Kansas emails (and yes they were buried by other emails). For those of you who don’t know me, I am Marcia Philbrick and work at Nemaha Valley High School. My roles include librarian, technology coordinator, PowerSchool administrator, course codes ‘expert’, and teacher. In addition, I delve in eRate, KIDS and anything else handed my way – and – I get email for each and everyone of those roles.
So why am I sitting here writing this blog? I wanted to participate in 23 Things Kansas to see how others are integrating Web 2.0 tools into their curriculums. I’m counting on all of the great librarians out there to share their ideas and provide incentive for me to find more ways to utilize these tools at Nemaha Valley.
This isn’t the first blog post I’ve written and hopefully it won’t be the last. However, I struggle with posting on a regular basis. Thus, it is hard to develop a regular readership.
Even though I may not have a regular readership, I do have blogs that I try and read – just not regularly. Some of my favorite blogs include
- The Fischbowl by Karl Fisch (author of the ‘Did You Know’ video)
- U Tech Tips – Technology for all educators
- Official Google Blog – Insights from Googlers into our products, technology and the Google culture
- Moving at the Speed of Creativity by Wesley Fryer
- Dangerously Irrelevant – Ruminations on technology, leadership and the future of our schools
- Digital Leadership Network – Church tech blog for non-techies
Hopefully, by participating in 23 Things Kansas, I will be able to diversify this list of favorites by adding more blogs about books – especially books for teens.